At Memsource we help our customers go global. We provide a leading translation management system (Memsource) and software localization platform (Phrase), supporting 500+ languages, 50+ file types and covering the full range of enterprise localisation use cases. With a global team working from our offices or from home across Europe, US, UK and Japan, we serve thousands of global customers, including leading brands such as Uber, Bosch, Lufthansa, Supercell, Vistaprint and Zendesk.
As Financial Accountant, you will be supporting the finance structure of Memsource; your key focus will be to make sure that the German local accounting is timely and accurate, with responsibilities that will stretch over key functions such as Inter Company and Finance Control.
Finally you will be contributing actively to the success of the process improvement and automation initiatives, that will shape the future RTR process.
You will be reporting into the Group Financial Accountant and be part of a team that is dedicated to multiple entities located in across Europe.
The role is fully remote, with a focus over German entities.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Bookkeeping and execution for the RTR process (incl. actual GL entries) in NetSuite ERP, primarily for the German entities
- Taking care of the local GAAP accounting of the financials for multiple entities and supporting the Month-End closure timeliness, accuracy and control
- Supporting the preparation of statutory financial statements and managing through to completion. In doing so the role will be an important point of contact for external auditors and information requests, as well as being fully responsible for the given accounting scope
- Supporting the preparation of reporting packs and management accounts with a special attention to cost centre accounting, costs amortisation schedules, FX and overall accounts reconciliations, sub-ledgers control, etc.
- Supporting the Group Financial Accountant, take responsibility for EMEA monthly management and annual statutory accounting processes
- Interacting with global accounting consultants when required
- Providing financial insight and decision support to senior stakeholders, analysing and interpreting business performance KPI's
- Supporting budget holders with the preparation, monitoring and reporting of budget, investigating and commenting on variances against planned performance.
- Operating the internal control Framework, including InterCompany operations and mismatches, Balance sheet reconciliations and Delegation of Authority
- Assisting the Group Financial Accountant and the Senior Financial Controller to standardise, improve, and simplify the RTR processes
- Support projects and initiatives for the optimisation of the Record to Report process
What you’ll profit from:
- A fully remote role, with possibility of get-togethers throughout the year
- Access to our modern office in Hamburg, if interested
- A growing team to openly exchange ideas with
- Cutting edge technology for office tools and productivity management
- Exposure to C-suite and Senior Stakeholders
What you need:
- Fluency in English and German
- Located in UTC+0 or UTC+1 timezone
- Part-Qualified in accounting (CPA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Service industry experience
- Previous Assurance/Audit experience, preferably
- Problem Solving and can do attitude
- Adaptability and flexibility to an ever changing and up-scaling environment
- Openness and adaptability to change
- Visual and Verbal communication for Management Accounting to Non Finance Partners
- Being a curious individual with investigative, analytical and detail oriented mindset
What you’ll get:
- Work experience in a successful and growing global SaaS company
- Be part of an international team of 250+ in Europe, Japan, and the Americas
- Expert colleagues in their field who are determined to build the best localization platform on the market
- An agile work environment, where it is encouraged to take smart risks
- Take part in a culture full of trust, support and loyalty, where respectful and open feedback is valued
- A positive, open-minded, and innovative atmosphere
- Support in your professional development and personal career goals
What's on top:
- 4 Company holidays additional to your regular holidays (1 day per quarter where the entire company is off to celebrate our achievements)
- Your birthday off because it is important to celebrate you as well
- 2 Giveback days where you can support the local community, volunteer and/or take part in charity events and activities
- A personal Learning & Development Budget
- Access to online language classes
- Travel budget to visit your team in Prague or Hamburg once per quarter
- Modern technical setup and latest software
- Professional and extensive onboarding
- Flexible working hours and home office options
- Additional local benefits depending on the entity you're hired at, just ask your Talent Acquisition Partner
Our current Tech Stack @ Memsource (optional for Tech roles)
At Memsource we believe in the critical importance of diversity in all its forms and intersectionalities, and are committed to ensuring that the people we interview reflect this diversity. We therefore strongly encourage people of any identity to apply for our exciting career opportunities. We have taken an active decision to make our work environment inclusive every day, starting at the very beginning of your Memsource experience.
We value and welcome different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds as we believe that these differences make our team even stronger on our mission of opening the door to global business by giving everybody access to the content they need in the language they speak.