At Memsource we help our customers go global. We provide a leading translation management system (Memsource) and software localization platform (Phrase), supporting 500+ languages, 50+ file types and covering the full range of enterprise localization use cases. With a global team working from our offices or from home across Europe, US, UK and Japan, we serve thousands of global customers, including leading brands such as Uber, Bosch, Lufthansa, Supercell, Vistaprint and Zendesk.
As Elixir Developer you will craft compelling features which are used by our customers all around the globe. You will build and run critical services that power our mature platform that our users rely on to achieve their goals. You should see yourself as an all-rounder, and your product mindset gets you excited to work on projects that require backend as well as frontend skills. Furthermore, you will leverage your experience and skills within an autonomous, distributed setting, so we’re looking for great communicators and true team players.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Working on a new service using Phoenix, Phoenix Channels, Kafka, Kubernetes and more
- Owning and driving complex development projects throughout their entire lifecycle - from design to implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Reviewing code from your fellow team members to ensure consistent, high-quality contributions
- Collaborating with an agile, cross-functional team to take the product to the next level.
What you need:
- Significant experience in building and maintaining large-scale web applications with Elixir/Phoenix and JS
- Experience with messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ or AWS SQS
- Ability to write clear, concise, well-tested, and performant code
- Knowledge in deploying and running code (preferably via Kubernetes), including monitoring and debugging production services
- Strong collaboration skills and are able to effectively solve problems with your team
- Commitment and drive for technical excellence, quality, and constant delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Work in a timezone close to Europe (CET).
What you’ll get:
- Work experience in a successful and growing global SaaS company
- Be part of an international team of 200+ in Europe, Japan, and the Americas
- Expert colleagues in their field who are determined to build the best localization platform on the market
- An agile work environment, where it is encouraged to take smart risks
- The chance to take responsibility in your role and proactively shape how things are done
- Take part in a culture full of trust, support and loyalty, where respectful and open feedback is valued
- A positive, open-minded, and innovative atmosphere
- Support in your professional development and personal career goals
What's on top:
- Work from home or from our offices in Prague or Hamburg
- Modern technical setup and latest software
- Professional and extensive onboarding
- Further education through online language classes, conferences, and more
- Flexible working hours
- Regularly team building events, such as a summer camping trip and a winter hiking trip
- Healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks in our modern, central offices
Memsource is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We value and welcome different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds as we believe that these differences make our team even stronger on our mission of bringing the world closer together by making content accessible to everyone in their native language.