Digital Product Designer
At Memsource we help our customers go global. We provide a leading translation management system (Memsource) and software localization platform (Phrase), supporting 500+ languages, 50+ file types and covering the full range of enterprise localization use cases. With a global team working from our offices or from home across Europe, US, UK and Japan, we serve thousands of global customers, including leading brands such as Uber, Bosch, Lufthansa, Supercell, Vistaprint and Zendesk.
As Digital Product Designer you will be part of a universal design team within our group. You will be working hand in hand with one Product Manager actively shaping a certain part of one product, either Phrase or Memsource. At the same time you will be involved in design projects on group level.
You will be closely cooperating with your design peers and our team of engineers to collectively develop the product into the right direction. You will be the voice of the user and the expert when it comes to user experience. To assist with this, we will offer you the necessary creative freedom and the tools to do your research. You will be implementing innovative ideas and take our products to the next level with us.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Understanding our customer's needs by conducting research, analyzing user feedback and doing market research
- Creating concepts and turning them into both functional and appealing features that make the workflows of our customers easier and more productive
- Developing scribbles, user journey maps, wireframes, mockups and other assets, to design simple user flows and improve the usability of our products
- Exploring and evaluating UX best practices and incorporating them into our products
- Conducting and participating in creative workshops with other Product Team members
- Constantly extending your knowledge to empower our users when they create products for a global audience, enter new markets or design for foreign cultures
- Contributing reusable design components to a new design system
What you need:
- Solid experience as a Digital Product Designer or UX Designer
- Ability to understand complex processes and to break them down to the essentials
- An international mindset and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and the capability to clearly communicate the rationale behind your designs
- Demonstrated effectiveness designing iteratively for agile software development
- Ability to self-organize, working cross-functionally, and manage multiple projects
- Experience working collaboratively in Figma or other modern design tools (XD, Sketch, InVision)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (German is a plus)
What you’ll get:
- Work experience in a successful and growing global SaaS company
- Be part of an international team of 200+ in Europe, Japan, and the Americas
- Expert colleagues in their field who are determined to build the best localization platform on the market
- An agile work environment, where it is encouraged to take smart risks
- The chance to take responsibility in your role and proactively shape how things are done
- Take part in a culture full of trust, support and loyalty, where respectful and open feedback is valued
- A positive, open-minded, and innovative atmosphere
- Support in your professional development and personal career goals
What's on top:
- Modern technical setup and latest software
- Professional and extensive onboarding
- Further education through online language classes, conferences, and more
- Flexible working hours and home office options
- Regularly team building events, such as a summer camping trip and a winter hiking trip
- Healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks in our modern, central offices in Prague and Hamburg
Memsource is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We value and welcome different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds as we believe that these differences make our team even stronger on our mission of bringing the world closer together by making content accessible to everyone in their native language.